The Mark Restaurant at The Mark Hotel.
The founder and CEO of global home fragrance brand Vie Luxe, Marjorie Gubelmann travels the world to create scents that reflect her favorite far-flung escapes (among them Palm Beach, Sardinia, St. Barts and Buenos Aires). Here, the high-flying style setter offers up a perfect day in Manhattan.
- In the morning, I hit The Neue Galerie on East 86th Street and Fifth Avenue. It is one of New York City’s best secrets: It’s not crowded and it boasts fabulous exhibits.
- Around 1 p.m., I head to Le Bilboquet on East 63rd Street for the best lunch in town. There is delicious French fare, a cozy atmosphere and people you either know or you would like to know.
- In the midafternoon, make sure to grab a quick coffee and a snack at Lady M Confections on East 78th Street. It has the most exquisite cakes. And it looks like a modern hair salon from the outside, not a bakery!
- Early evening is perfect for shopping at Saks Fifth Avenue, the best department store in New York City.
- After shopping, you have to have dinner at the see-and-be-seen The Mark Restaurant at The Mark Hotel. The Meyer lemon fettuccine with Parmesan is not to be missed.